Fixed Dental Bridge in Hyderabad
Dental bridges are fixed prosthetic devices that consist of one or more artificial teeth and positioned in place by dental Crowns. They are used to bridge the gap that is created by one or multiple Missing teeth. Traditional bridges are used to cover up the gaps created by missing teeth on both the sides of the jaw. Bridges are also strong enough to replace the molars. These replaced teeth are called pontics, which are made of gold, silver, alloys, porcelain, or with a combination of these materials.
Benefits of having a fixed dental bridge
- It restores your smile.
- Fixed dental bridges can reset the ability to chew and speak properly.
- Maintains the shape of your face.
- Improves your bite properly created by missing teeth.
- Prevents remaining teeth from drifting out of their original position.
- Dental bridges usually last from five to fifteen years or even longer, with proper oral hygiene and regular visits to your dentist.
Types of fixed dental bridge
There are three main types of dental bridges. These are:
Traditional bridges: Traditional bridges are used to create crowns for the tooth or implant on both sides of the missing tooth, using a pontic in between.
Cantilever bridges: Cantilever bridges are used mostly when there are adjacent teeth growing only on one side of the missing teeth.
Maryland bonded bridges: This type of fixed dental bridge is made of porcelain fused to metal or plastic teeth and gums which are supported by metal or porcelain framework.